Training 2022, continued…
We offer training on safety, organized by CEPIM, in Morbihan.
Scheduled date: April 25 and 26, 2022
This is not a Word Sailing course (ex-ISAF), required for offshore racing. Rather, it is aimed at recreational sailors and deals with all matters relating to safety.
The training consists of 2 inseparable modules:
- Module 1 “Distress and survival”: duration 1 day
- Module 2 “Navigation in extreme conditions and man overboard”: duration 1 day
The AIP offers you this training negotiated at 410 euros, i.e. a reduction of more than 10% on the public price of 460 euros.
We have planned 6 places, reserved of course for members up to date with their subscription. Don’t forget to renew your AIP membership: https://www.assopogo.net/cotisations/
Registration is done on the page: Training
General characteristics of the courses
This course is made by sailors for sailors. We focus all security on prevention and anticipation
Duration: 2 days
- Prerequisite: medical certificate attesting to the ability to practice water sports
- Number of participants per session: 8 people minimum, 18 people maximum
- Course material : CEPIM manual “ARMEN training
- Certificate given: Certificate of course follow-up
- Trainer : Manuel GUEDON or Thierry DUBOIS
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for all recreational and professional sailors, regardless of their sailing program.
Safety is above all preparation and anticipation. This course is an opportunity to take safety on board in navigation in hand.
Purpose & main objectives
The purpose of the ARMEN training is to acquire the knowledge and know-how necessary for the proper execution of actions in the event of an incident or accident occurring during navigation.
The goal is to bring to sailors
- understanding of the risks associated with the practice of their activity.
- knowledge of the use of individual and collective safety and rescue equipment.
- knowledge of the means of prevention and the evolution of safety materials
MODULE 1 “DISTRESS AND SURVIVAL
- Fire : Prevention, means of action and use of these means
- Raft: the choice, how the raft works, what is inside, when to use it.
- The rescue kit: Compose your rescue kit according to your program.
- Life jackets: Type and model selection, use, maintenance.
- Survival suits: The choice, the use and the limits.
- Aquatic program: Familiarization and adaptation to the aquatic environment, evaluation of skills, training on an aquatic course (underwater and surface activities), simulated sinking, dressed swimming, rapid extraction techniques, swimming with a 150 N inherent buoyancy life jacket, use of survival suits (TPS, Musto or other).
- Get together and get noticed
- Percussion of the life raft, turning the raft over, boarding, life on board, use of the floating anchor, techniques for protection against wind and cold.
- Percussion of a self-inflating life jacket, use
- Management of safety equipment: List, verification and maintenance
- Knowledge of the means and modes of communication: VHF, GMDSS, satcoms, etc.
- SAR knowledge: method and organization
- Assist another vessel. Obligations and limitations.
- Debriefing of the training, satisfaction questionnaires and delivery of certificates.
- Depending on weather conditions, some phases of this program may be cancelled.
MODULE 2 “NAVIGATION IN EXTREME CONDITIONS AND MAN OVERBOARD
- Introduction to weather forecasting. Severe weather warning factors
- Heavy weather: instructions for the crew, handling of the boat
- Sails in case of storm. Implementation, use and limitations
- The different damages, anticipation, verifications and repairs
- Man overboard: prevention and rescue (theory) – optimization of methods
- Meet at the port of La Trinité sur mer
- The tests are carried out under conditions as close as possible to reality. In groups of 7 to 9 people, you will embark on a 35′ sailboat and security is provided by a semi-rigid.
- The group is split in 2 between the sailing boat and the RIB. He alternates in the middle of the afternoon.
- Control of the safety equipment, explanation of the choices
- boat equipment
- Departure at sea, leaving the port, taking control of the boat, organization on board.
- “Man overboard” exercises: prevention and rescue in real situations.
- Experimentation with different methods
- Man overboard conscious and unconscious
- Signalling, recovery manoeuvre and hoisting on board
- Pyrotechnics: different types of devices and their use, choosing quality equipment.
- Firing by each of the participants of the various pyrotechnic elements at the disposal of the boaters.
Methods, ballistics, precautions for use
- Return to port – discussion – de-equipping and stowing the boats
- Debriefing, satisfaction questionnaire, presentation of certificates
Conduct of man overboard exercises
One of the trainees dons a survival suit and at the trainer’s signal jumps into the water.
The crew must react and maneuver to retrieve the man overboard and hoist him aboard.
In the first exercise, the trainer gives no instructions to the crew. At the end of each test, the trainer conducts a mini debriefing / discussion with the crew.
Problems are highlighted and improvements are made. With each attempt, the trainer suggests techniques to improve the exercise. The crew makes them their own and experiments with them during the next exercise.
The observation of the semi-rigid allows to visualize the maneuvers as a whole. The pilot explains the maneuvers and comments on the results and errors.
Depending on weather conditions, some phases of this program may be cancelled.
2 to 3 CEPIM instructors. Maîtres Nageurs Sauveteurs diplômés d’Etat, Patrons de Plaisance Voile, experienced sailors. All specialists in this type of training.
Manuel GUEDON or Thierry DUBOIS, navigator
Didier Langlais, Director of CEPIM, Capacitaire, BPPV.
Material to be provided
- Desired: personal survival suit to test your equipment in real conditions (TPS or other model).
- Sailing clothes (boots, pants, oilskin jackets, gloves, fleece, …)
- Spare parts and shower kit (toiletries, soap and shampoo)
- Note-taking kit
- Sandwich and water (module 2)
- Medical certificate of fitness to practice water sports (less than 3 months old) or a copy of the license of the French Sailing Federation for the current year (including the medical stamp)
Updated on 2022/02/03
|Anne Bessec||Boomerang 2|