From where we talk about our dear anodes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Xavier (X-RAY)
    Participant

Hi, all you Pogo fans,

Having prepared my 30 ft Pogo early for the winter in November as usual, I have encountered the third time the same problem with my anodes:

The small one consisting of three parts around the hub of the three retractable blades doesn’t exist anymore, it’s completely consumed.

Concerning the big anode, it is intact, as in the previous years, I have complained about this already last year at the Volvo place in La Trinité. The plausible answer was that despite its appearance it, no doubt, did its job. The only way to control it was to weigh it. Great! Except that the old one was heavier than the new one (LOL). Anyhow, I mounted the new one.

Hence my two basic questions :

–          Why does the small one in three parts gets consumed that rapidly? I never had such a problem with my Pogo 8,50.

–          During the same service period, the big one remained almost new. Does it, in your opinion, work correctly, given that I paid careful attention not to place anything between this anode and its base?

Do you have any ideas ?

Xavier

Giuseppe (P’Ago)
      Participant

Ciao Xavier,

I have the same problem on my P30… maybe use a marine grease on the stainless steel screw?

In April I will go up the boat to check the anodes. I will inform you!

(my P30 it’s still in the water… benefits from the south ☀️)

Giuseppe

Xavier (X-RAY)
        Participant

Thank you Giuseppe. I feel less alone. Sniff….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.